The Resource Wonder
- Statement of responsibility
- R.J. Palacio
- August Pullman was born with a facial deformity that, up until now, prevented him from going to a mainstream school. Starting 5th grade at Beecher Prep, he wants nothing more than to be treated as an ordinary kid -- but his classmates can't get past Auggie's extraordinary face. Wonder begins from Auggie's point of view, but soon switches to include his classmates, his sister, her boyfriend, and others. These perspectives converge in a portrait of one community's struggle with empathy, compassion, and acceptance
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2013
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 2014.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2014.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2012
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2014.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 3-5, 2013.
- California Young Reader Medal, Intermediate, 2015.
- Charlotte Award (New York), Middle School, 2014.
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Junior Book, 2014.
- E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards, Middle Reader (formerly Indies' Choice Book Awards, Middle Reader), 2013.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 2014.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2014.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Intermediate, 2015.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades 4-6, 2014.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Intermediate Book Category, 2015.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2013.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2013
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2014.
- Josette Frank Award, 2013.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 3-5, 2014.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Children's category, 2014.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2014.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2015.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2015.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Junior Books category, 2014.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2014.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2014.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2014.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2014.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 2013.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2015.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Wo 2013
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Wonder
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Wonder
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dcl.org/resource/g2cdiBg7AXc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dcl.org/resource/g2cdiBg7AXc/">Wonder</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dcl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dcl.org/">Douglas County Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Douglas County Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...