The Resource Ask the passengers : a novel
- Ask the passengers : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- by A.S. King
- Prejudices -- Fiction
- Family problems -- Fiction
- Gossip -- Fiction
- High schools -- Fiction
- Lesbians -- Fiction
- Schools -- Fiction
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Social Issues | Prejudice & Racism
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Family | General (see also headings under Social Issues)
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Social Issues | Dating & Sex
- "Astrid Jones copes with her small town's gossip and narrow-mindedness by staring at the sky and imagining that she's sending love to the passengers in the airplanes flying high over her backyard. Maybe they'll know what to do with it. Maybe it'll make them happy. Maybe they'll need it. Her mother doesn't want it, her father's always stoned, her perfect sister's too busy trying to fit in, and the people in her small town would never allow her to love the person she really wants to: another girl named Dee. There's no one Astrid feels she can talk to about this deep secret or the profound questions that she's trying to answer. But little does she know just how much sending her love--and asking the right questions--will affect the passengers' lives, and her own, for the better"--
- Carolyn W. Field Award (Pennsylvania), 2013.
- James Cook Book Award (Ohio), 2013
- Library Journal Best Books 2012
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, 2012.
- Rainbow List, 2013.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Ask 2012
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Ask the passengers : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ask the passengers : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dcl.org/resource/edjtW6R1il0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dcl.org/resource/edjtW6R1il0/">Ask the passengers : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dcl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dcl.org/">Douglas County Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Douglas County Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...