The Resource The lovely bones : a novel
- The lovely bones : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Alice Sebold
- Brutally raped and murdered by a deceptively mild-mannered neighbor, Susie begins with a compelling description of her death. During the next ten years, she watches over her family and friends as they struggle to cope with her murder. She observes their disintegrating lives with compassion and occasionally attempts, sometimes successfully, to communicate her love to them. Although the lives of all who knew her well are shaped by her tragic death, eventually her family and friends survive their pain and grief. In this, Susie continues to grow emotionally. She learns that human existence is "the helplessness of being alive, the dark bright pity of being human feeling as you went, groping in corners and opening your arms to light all of it part of navigating the unknown
- Bram Stoker Award for Best First Novel, 2002.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2002.
- Book Sense Book of the Year Adult Fiction, 2003.
- British Book Award for the Richard & Judy Best Read of the Year, 2004.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2005.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2005.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2005.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2004.
- South Carolina Book Award, Young Adult Books, 2005.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2002
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2003
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2002.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- L68 2002
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The lovely bones : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The lovely bones : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dcl.org/resource/M97B9sFKloU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dcl.org/resource/M97B9sFKloU/">The lovely bones : a novel</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dcl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dcl.org/">Douglas County Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Douglas County Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...