The Resource Drowned city : Hurricane Katrina & New Orleans
- Drowned city : Hurricane Katrina & New Orleans
- Title remainder
- Hurricane Katrina & New Orleans
- Statement of responsibility
- written and illustrated by Don Brown
- On August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina's monstrous winds and surging water overwhelmed the protective levees around low-lying New Orleans, Louisiana. Eighty percent of the city flooded, in some places under twenty feet of water. Property damages across the Gulf Coast topped $100 billion. One thousand eight hundred and thirty-three people lost their lives. The tale of this historic storm and the drowning of an American city is one of selflessness, heroism, and courage -- and also of incompetence, racism, and criminality. Don Brown's kinetic art and as-it-happens narrative capture both the tragedy and triumph of one of the worst natural disasters in American history
- Comics and Graphic novels
- Hurricane Katrina, 2005
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Hurricane damage
- Heroes and heroines
- History books -- Natural disasters and tragedies
- Convention facilities
- Graphic novels
- Survival (after hurricanes)
- Narrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2015
- NCTE Orbis Pictus Nonfiction Award, 2016.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Nonfiction Book, 2015.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 12-17
- LC call number
- HV636 2005.N4
- LC item number
- B75 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of Drowned city : Hurricane Katrina & New Orleans
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Drowned city : Hurricane Katrina & New Orleans
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dcl.org/resource/LlG2zMuUs5w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dcl.org/resource/LlG2zMuUs5w/">Drowned city : Hurricane Katrina & New Orleans</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dcl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dcl.org/">Douglas County Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Douglas County Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...