The Resource The Handmaid's tale
- The Handmaid's tale
- Statement of responsibility
- Margaret Atwood, with an introduction by Valerie Martin
- From the Publisher: In this multi-award-winning, bestselling novel, Margaret Atwood has created a stunning Orwellian vision of the near future. This is the story of Offered, one of the unfortunate "Handmaids" under the new social order who have only one purpose: to breed. In Gilead, where women are prohibited from holding jobs, reading, and forming friendships, Offred's persistent memories of life in the "time before" and her will to survive are acts of rebellion. Provocative, startling, prophetic, and with Margaret Atwood's devastating irony, wit, and acute perceptive powers in full force, The Handmaid's Tale is at once a mordant satire and a dire warning
- Member of
- Arthur C. Clarke Award
- Everyman's library (Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.), 301
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize: Best Book: Regional Award: Caribbean & Canada
- Governor General's Literary Awards: English-Language Fiction
- Classic Science Fiction
- YALSA 100 Best Books (1950-2000)
- Los Angeles Times Book Prizes: Fiction
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, Caribbean and Canada: Best Book, 1987.
- Governor General's Literary Award for English-Language Fiction, 1985.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Fiction, 1986.
- Arthur C. Clarke Award, 1987.
- YALSA 100 Best Books, 1950-2000
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- H3 2006
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Everyman's library
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Handmaid's tale
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Handmaid's tale
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dcl.org/resource/BXwTCb99ng4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dcl.org/resource/BXwTCb99ng4/">The Handmaid's tale</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dcl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dcl.org/">Douglas County Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Douglas County Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...