The Resource The handmaid's tale
- The handmaid's tale
- Statement of responsibility
- Margaret Atwood
- "This visionary novel. in which God and Government are joined, and America is run as a Puritanical Theoracy, can be read as a companion volume to Orwell's 1984-its verso, in fact. It gives you the same degree of chill, even as it suggests the varieties of tyrannical experience; it evokes the same kind of horror even as its mordant wit makes you smile." E.L.Doctorow
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, Caribbean and Canada: Best Book, 1987.
- Governor General's Literary Award for English-Language Fiction, 1985.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Fiction, 1986.
- Arthur C. Clarke Award, 1987.
- YALSA 100 Best Books, 1950-2000
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- H3 1986eb
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Full-cast dramatization
- Target audience
ContextContext of The handmaid's tale
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The handmaid's tale
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dcl.org/resource/4I0eJltmOoc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dcl.org/resource/4I0eJltmOoc/">The handmaid's tale</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dcl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dcl.org/">Douglas County Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Douglas County Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...