The Resource The known world
- The known world
- Statement of responsibility
- Edward P. Jones
- When a plantation proprietor and former slave--now possessing slaves of his own--dies, his household falls apart in the wake of a slave rebellion and corrupt underpaid patrollers who enable free black people to be sold into slavery
- Literary fiction
- African American plantation owners
- Historical fiction
- Fugitive slaves
- Virginia -- Social conditions -- 19th century
- African American fiction
- Plantation life
- Freed slaves
- African American slaveholders
- Husband and wife
- Men with disfigurements
- Women with disabilities
- African Americans
- ALA Notable Book, 2004.
- BCALA Literary Award for First Novelist, 2004.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2003.
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, 2005.
- National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction, 2003.
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2004.
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- Awards note
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction winner, 2004
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- K58 2003
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The known world
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The known world
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.dcl.org/resource/3lhk98YQC0g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.dcl.org/resource/3lhk98YQC0g/">The known world</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.dcl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.dcl.org/">Douglas County Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Douglas County Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...